Sunday 4 December 2016

WRA 2106 - the largest tourism awards in the country

Last week Harrogate saw over 1000 people attend the WRA2016 awards .I was lucky enough to be invited as a guest of Robert and Edward Fawcett who had 2 of their businesses in as finalists to win an award-Studford LuxuryLodges and the Fairfax Arms in Gilling .
Love a black tie event and I took a selfie which some people said I looked scary I thought more started rabbit in headlights syndrome but that is what happens when you take a selfie.
Last year Jack went with me as we were finalists and up for the best bed and breakfast . This year the pressure was off and I must say a lot nicer venue than last year...it was held at the new Yorkshire Event Centre on the Yorkshire Show ground. The amazing Heather Parry runs the show and is so organised and laid back about it all . Heather was on the board of Deliciously Yorkshire when I was too a few year ago and I always admired her organisational skills.
We had a prime table,  to the Yorkshire Cricket Team to our left and Annie Stirk and her husband Ken who runs Absolutely Food  -they bought a fox red Labrador from Jack 4 years ago .oN their table to was The Yorkshire food finder and Flat cap chef -Sue Nelson and husband Aidan. just behind us to the left was Frances Atkins of the Yorke Arms ,Ramsgill sharing a table with James McKenzie from the Pipe and Glass at South Dalton and a pair of French men who were VIP from the cyling world.
The food was wonderful .... I will go anywhere for a good meal ... and it certainly was.





No comments:

Post a Comment